Thursday, September 10, 2009

Change is the only constant




Life is full of changes and the minute we accept that the easier things will be. Some changes are for the better, others not so much, others are easy and some very difficult. The Ormiston household is full of changes lately.
A big change happened today, Liam had his first full day of school. That's right! He's in JK. He was excited to walk to school but when it came down to it, he wasn't too happy when I had to leave. A part of me was glad he wanted me to hold him and come with him, he's only three! I'm glad he still loves his mommy and wants me to be there with him, I know that too soon, he won't want me to walk him to school and he for sure won't want me to hold him and be there with him. After a few tears had been shed for both of us, I left. He ended up having a great day so I was told by his teacher. I have gotten only a few details from Liam because in his words, he "is just too tired to talk about it right now!". He was very tired tonight and just wanted to go to bed. I am hoping to hear a few more details after a good night sleep.
As you know from my last blog that a new child was taking Brynn's spot in my daycare. We started a little over a week ago with the new boy, he's a great child, I couldn't have asked for a better fit. However, there have been some issues with the mother and it has been causing some stresses for me. In short, I had to make the difficult decision to give them my four weeks notice. I feel that she is looking for more of a babysitter/nanny and that's not what I do. It was a hard decision as I really like caring for him but I felt there would always be some sort of issue with this family and it's not something I want to put up with long term. So I'm back to finding another family and praying for a good fit this time.
Another change, although small, it's big one, Ephram threw his soother in the garbage two days ago. He had only been using it at nap and bedtime but I felt, enough is enough. He threw it out with no problem at all. He asks for it occasionally but does not put up a fuss like Liam did when he gave his up. Ephram is a little chatter box but lately he's been putting two or sometimes three words together. Today he said "mom, mom, see car?" wow, almost a full sentence. Another sign he's growing up.

So as I look out my window and see the leaves starting to change colour, I am reminded of the saying "change is the only constant", for me the only constant is God. I am so thankful that through all the changes that life brings, I have the security to know that God is with me and he is the one guiding my feet on the path of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Andrew works as a tool and die maker in the auto industry, despite some shaky months with work on and off, things are picking up now for him. I am a stay at home mom and have recently started a daycare in my home. I currently have two girls in my care. The boys seem to love having a craft every day and circle time where we sing songs and read books that go along with our weekly theme. Liam is 3 1/2 and will be starting JK next year and Ephram is 1 1/2. They are busy boys and definitely keep us on our toes!

Canada Day

Canada  Day


Sitting in the fire truck.



Watching the fire truck bring the big ladder down.